Sunday, November 19, 2006

Smoke


Know what sucks? When people just INSIST on smoking beside you...I'll admit this problem has been better ever since it has been made illegal to smoke indoors in Montreal. But why is there a growing problem of people smoking closer to you when you're outside? I think they resent the fact that every time they need a smoke, they have to stick themselves in -40 degree weather. I don't think many people can refute that. We took away the only thing (apart from that sweet cancer) that made them happy..the ability to kill themselves indoors where it's warm. What gets to me most is that they can't even put effort into making themselves seem subtle. For example, at the Henri Bourassa bus terminus, I noticed on more than one occasion, people pacing as they wait for a bus, and only when they step into a line do they decide to take out a goddamn cigarette and smoke it inches from your face. This next point could be something else due to my bad luck, but they always position themselves so that the breeze carries the smoke in the direction where it will bother the most people. Is it too hard to exhale with your head pointed upwards?!

And here's something even better..because it CAN get even better. Last April, I went to a rock concert where, naturally, people will smoke up. I was lucky enough to be sitting beside a middle-aged man who brought his 10-year-old-looking son with him. I thought i was safe from having pot smoke blown in my face since I had a father on side of me and my group of friends (who didn't smoke) on the other. Halfway through the concert, though, I noticed this strong stench of pot and looked over to find this father smoking a joint right next to his son. Seriously, what the hell is that?! This role model parent was trying to be good to his son by turning away from him and blowing it in MY face instead! If I was a middle-aged man myself and not an eighteen-year-old girl, I think I would have ripped out his intestine and strangeled him with it. At this point, it isn't just the fact that he was blowing smoke in my face, but he had a son old enough to recognize what a joint looks like, and when he looks up and sees his father smoking one and acting as if it's perfectly fine, what direction does that lead the little boy in? Prick...

No comments: